About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Can A Day - Update

As I posted before I was going on a mission to find a can a day well maybe that should be "A Can An Hour" LOL.  Maybe I should also change it that it's just not can's we are finding but anything that has a 10c recycle image on it.

Although I have been finding the odd can here or there over the past few weeks, I've been noticing many others around the place especially left in our local shopping centre car parks etc.

So 3 days ago I decided to go for a short drive to the train station, park and the car and have a walk around and I found 5 items just in one place.  I then went over to the shops as I wanted to go to Coles and I found a couple more left in trolley's etc.  So I decided the next night to repeat it and found another 9 and then last night I took my daughter and we found 11. 

So when I posted on the 23rd Jan we had found 23 cans and now on 26th Jan our total so far is 70. 

So we have decided each night to go for a walk to see what we can find.  I realise it's not going to make us a millionare overnight but it's a fun game and also getting us out of the house and I figure as I say 'I'm helping clean up the environment" Tee Hee!

1 comment:

  1. Here in the South in the US, I get 57 cents/lb. It takes about 27 cans to make one pound! Unfortunately, I drink cokes, so I can get 2-4 cans from my home. I could collect 50 cans each day very easily. I envy your can redemption rate.

    My $0.57 cents=your $2.70 Good deal!

    ReplyDelete