About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

Still school holidays here so naturally kids are getting a little bored so ask about 3pm can we go to the shops.  Sure I say let me get my lists..... Poor kids I think they are regretting going now - sure you can do 1 thing you want to do as long as you help me with my 5.  That's fair isn't it???  LOL

First stop the library where clever mummy has put on reserve some Glee Books for DD11 and a DVD for DS8.  Saved me some money there.... one Glee book DD11 turned her nose up at which I was about to buy on eBay so happy I didn't there.  I figured if I ordered in the others for her to look at and she still loves them I will go ahead and get them for her birthday.  Two others that I was going to buy are available to borrow and the way this little bookworm is going it's not worth buying the books so borrowing them is more cost effective.

We then head into the centre and go to Pet Shop to hand in a full bag of shredded paper.  Due to my business I can't really reuse the paper due to some of the info printed on it so I shred it for a second use elsewhere.  I don't have a garden as of yet for it to go on so until then it goes where it's most needed and not taking up space in my recycling bin.  They even give me a garbage bag to replace the one I filled so I can bring more back which is great.

Then it's onto Big W where the kids get their toys we put it all together on my card so we get Everyday Reward Pts and a fuel voucher and the kids pay me so I can use this money to repay the credit card.  

Kids are always hungry as you know so I use the 2 for 1 voucher I have for the Pretzel Shop - mmm yum.  I wouldn't really say I saved any money here as I really only bought it as I had a voucher otherwise I would have gone into Coles to buy them cheap donuts.  Yeah I know it's not the best health food but it's the only treat for the week they have had. 

Went around the corner to 'check out' Cold Rock as I had a buy 1 Regular with mix in get 1 free.  However a Regular is $6.20 and you know I can buy 4 litres of icecream for that!  I can also smash in a whole packet of M & M's for that!  OMG quick RUN away!  So we went into HJ's and got a 50c icecream each!

More shopping (poor children LOL... so how desperate are you for toys next time???) and we 'look' in Game Traders just so mum can do some research shhhhh.  DD11 wants to buy a packet of trading cards for $2.99 as they have a 20% discount day.  I tell her but if you save next week's money you can go to Big W and get 3 packets for $6.82.  Eye's light up over that one!!!

We go to Woolworths to do a very small food shop $30.98 and get Everyday Reward pts, BONUS points on some of the items we buy and a fuel voucher - thank you!  Going to come in handy next week!

Last stop the chemist where we get 16 bars of soap for $5 (do you like the photo - sneaky...) and 2 boxes of tissues for $1.59 each and a bottle of Morning Fresh Dishwashing Liquid for $1.79.  I'm not up to making my own just yet. 

Also this morning the letterbox was EMPTY!  Hello... what's up with that??? LOL

Hope you all had a great day!!!

SAVINGS - $49.14
$6.20 for the icecream (saved by the bell there LOL)
$41.91 - Glee Books
$ 0.82 - tissues
$ 0.21 - dishwashing liquid
$     ?  I don't know about the soap I haven't bought any for a long time and usually would buy only 4 bars for $2 when on special.  Certainly not 16 bars at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment