About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

S'Wonderful Saturday

Yes I stole the S'wonderful from a Gerswin Song I couldn't think of anything else hmmm - S'laxing? LOL Perhaps not!

Quiet morning here in the house.  Hubby get's a hair cut from the Barber before he leaves - that man always does a good job and is so nice.  That's a cash job so we always have a little ready for that.
I go food shopping at Woolies.  They have double frequent flyer pts on today so how could I not - also loads of specials.  Some I got were =
Chicken Breast - $7.99 a kg (got the last 2 kgs too tee hee - sorry lady waiting behind me...)
Hashbrowns $0.40 each BUT 10% if you buy 10 or more so I get the last 14 in the box (sorry to the SAME lady waiting behind me... woops but it's one of the limited foods my son eats so I'm happy to buy)
Gloves $2.00 the thick ones I can wash dishes with safely and DOUBLE points on those too!
Peaches - $1.49 for the big can (we all love these)
Apples - $2.98 (ok so prob not a great special but cheaper than everything else)
Notepads - set of 5 for $0.99 these are great for me now
Scott's Pies $5.30 (down from $6.35) - yes the same name as my DS8 I'm sure that's why he eats these!

I must be one of the few women that actually enjoy food shopping or I actual call it bargain shopping.
Got petrol today as we didn't have much left and I had been waiting and waiting for a cheap day and we haven't had one all week so I gave in.  The funny thing is that On The Run was $139.70 and Woolies was $140.90 (approx).  I had a 8c off petrol voucher but hubby saids I really only save 7.8c off I say 'stop talking' LOL!  

Went to the inlaws for dinner which was lovely as hubby is borrowing a car for the trip away and he puts petrol in the car using another 8c (or 7.8c sigh...) voucher. Hubby's work will pay him back for the petrol but we got the points on the credit card - YAY!
Oh MOST importantly I forgot I got to see my gorgeous friend Karen who runs http://www.facebook.com/NailCandySA - for a lovely manicure and a chat.  I pay for this out of my hard earnt pocket money LOL.  Well someone has to go and be pampered and play with the triplets that she has (these are her babies, here's a close picture without giving away their identity.. tee hee).  I think Karen's clients come to play with the dogs just as much as the pampering!!!

SAVINGS - $12.22
$3.37 - petrol
$2.91 for the chicken as I would have had to pay $10.90 as we were all out
$1.40 - hashbrowns
$3.54 - peaches (normal price is $2.08 a can)
$1.00 - notepads

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you always have so much fun shopping for your bargains. i like that.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete