About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Petrol Savings

Petrol is probably one of the biggest expenses we have other than food and bills.  If there's a way to save money for petrol I'm all for it.

With our Credit Card we have a loyality program and so every $1 that moves through our account we get 1 point.  After a set amount of time you have enough to cash in for various things from home products to gift cards.  I use our credit card for every mortal thing we can to get points and attempt NOT to go over the budget!

I redeemed for a Petrol Card 'Star Cash' for Caltex so can be also used at Woolworths.  I also team this up with my petrol savings vouchers on my Everyday Rewards Card so I get 'some free' petrol money (until the card runs out) and then a little bit more free.

It's cheeky but it's logical!

SAVINGS = $100

2 comments:

  1. A hint when you are doing you shopping and you have a big shop break it up into smaller amounts you get more rewards on your card to use up but remember (woolworths ones are only valid for abut a month) and they take the highest amount first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Most fuel vouchers are only valid for 3 weeks. I try not to spend any more than $30 in 1 go so I get a voucher every time unless I go to Coles to hand over the $5 off for a shop of $100 or more because that's worth more that a fuel voucher discount. Thanks for your comments. They are great! xoxo

    ReplyDelete