About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

There's Nothing Cheap About Loyalty

"There's Nothing Cheap About Loyalty" a famous quote by George Clooney in the movie "Up in the Air".  George plays the character Ryan Bingham who's works for a company that is hired to fire people.  For this he is flown all around the US doing the job for the bosses who are a 'pussy' as he states.  In the movie he always needs to be smoothly moving from one action to another whether it be for checkin of a flight or car hire and needs to use as little time to do everything as possible.

He also only uses something if it is of benefit to him and is quoted as saying "I don't spend a nickel, if I can help it, unless it somehow profits my mileage account."

There is a whole converstaion that takes place between him and his collegue Natalie Keener (yes Jessica from Twilight) and it's so funny to see their interaction.
I only just rewatched this (for research of course - love me some George) and thought for the most part he's not wrong.  Loyality is the key for most businesses to be successful.  Something that guarantee's you to keep coming back to spend money with them.

As you can see from my photo I am no stranger when it comes to the "Fantastic Plastic" of Loyality Store Cards.  I have clothing, fashion, flights, food, jewellery, gaming, books, entertainment, craft, dining in, dining out, beauty all to name just a few of what's out there in the market.

I have all of these cards because one time or another I visited their store and they offered me to join their free program.  FREE you say!  Yes everything that is good in this world is FREE!  So what does that cards actually get me?

Mostly they are for repeat business so for every dollar you spend with us we will reward you.  Other's are instant like the gaming ones where you get instore discounts on purchase.  But you need to be careful that you aren't just using those cards because of the possible discount you could get.

I go to one gaming store because they will price match which is fantastic for me but their games are always $5 - $10 above the biggers chains.  But I go back to the Gaming store because their staff are fantastic they know what they are talking about and I show my card and smile and they smile at my loyality.

This year I am dedicating my saving blog here to Loyality and trying to be as loyal as I can and getting the best benefit out of it.  It's easy when you know how to play the game and be rewarded for your time and effort.

Stick with me and you will laugh at some of the double dealing tricks I do to get ahead and win.  There is a little exciting 'YES' moment you have when you done a deal that you feel oh so happy about!

ps no I don't carry ALL of these around with me all the time. Otherwise my purse would never close!

No comments:

Post a Comment