About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Australia's Biggest Cheapskates

A Current Affair put out a search for who is Australia's biggest Cheapskate.  I didn't enter as I didn't figure I would have too much to contribute and was a bit embarrased but by watching these I don't see that I am any different from them.

From cashing in cans, buying discounts, doing online surveys and selling stuff on ebay I've done it all and still am.  A few of the things that they do which I also do is -
A variety of online survey's to get points and cash rewards and also gift cards for various shopping places.
I too will collect odd cans in the street that I see lying around.  I figure it's helping clean up the street.  I got 10 cans in a day so that's $1 in my pocket.  Ps "Matthew" you left your bottle... LOL
I always manage as I have posted before to spot a bargain while shopping.  Meat is good only if you look at the 'kg' price.  There's no point buying something that is $5 off if the price per kg is still $22.  I rarely pay more than $12 for a kg of meat.

The only thing I don't do is go through the side rubbish to get stuff to resell but I have picked up a few things to keep.  I remember only a few months ago saying to my mum outloud.  I'd really love a full length mirror on a stand I will start looking around for one.  10 minutes later as I drove her to the train station there was one on the side of the road.  She is probably still gobsmacked!

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8406370/who-is-australias-biggest-cheapskate

No comments:

Post a Comment