About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Today is ... Thursday!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, been quiet at home (which I guess is saving money as I'm not at the shops)!  Also been busy decluttering!   Had a quiet day today.  The kids went with the inlaws for the day with the canoe so I stayed home to do some jobs around the house.  I ended up doing 4 loads of laundry and cleaning up a bit still lots more to do.  As I was rewashing I came to the conclusion that "I've washed all these last week.... hmmm" DD11 said yeah some fell on her floor so might be dirty - hmmm well if they were put away in the first place guess what no more dirty.... I think a plan of attack needs to be made when hubby gets home.  
 
I would like to only do 1 - 2 loads of washing per child per week (a bit ask I know but we will see how that goes).  Uniforms are their own wash so I'm talking general wearing clothes.  Towels are their own wash too.  Hubby usually does 1 - 2 loads depends what's happened for the week.  Underwear as one load and then general clothes.  He rides his bike a lot now so get's very sweaty! 

Received in the mail another parcel from ebay for DS8's birthday.  However it's a little carry case for his bakugan cards which I think would be really helpful if he had it sooner rather than later as his cards keep going all over the place.  It was only $5 and it's on a lanyard so he can wear it which is great!
Got this pile of crochet cotton from freecycle I cheekily asked if anyone had any spare and had two people give me all this only a minute drive from home.  How caring people are. So I made this knitting cloth as I recently saw a post for it on a cheapskates group.  DS8 keeps picking it up going ahhh fluffy.... I want to clean the tv he tells me.  Well if all I have to do is knit a cloth so he will help clean show me the cotton!!!  (ps this is meant to be blue and white - picture a bit funny -  I thought it would be funny as most chux clothes are that pattern)

As I had no children today for a short break nipped over to Big W to pick up a book for DD11's birthday in a months time and also some more underwear (yeah mums are boring at times i know) and also buy a Moshi Monster's Membership card as DS8 will be needing one in two weeks time anyway so I thought if I got it now he can pay me back with his pocket money because this week for a $30 or more spend at Big W you got double the Frequent Flyer Points so I was excited by that as well as the price for the book.  
I got this card from ebay I paid $69.00 the buyer sent it FREE Registered Post for the value of $72.69.  I realise it doesn't seem a lot but I can use the card at Big W, Woolies or Woolies Liquor so I'll take all the bonuses I can get!

With the children at the inlaws tonight for dinner I saved about $20 as we were thinking about going to IKEA for dinner - addicted to those meatballs. 

SAVINGS - $23.59
$3.59 - gift card
$20.00 - take away

1 comment:

  1. How dirty is your floor that clothes that fall on it could need washing again? lol.

    When they ae old enough, like 10, get them to do there own washing and the extra loads will disapear quick smart.

    Good on you for knitting the dish cloth Looks good.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete