About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Super Shopping Saturday!


Well what a day I've had!!! I could say I had a little list but I actual had a big list and even then several lists!  How exciting!!

First I went to swap the gas bottle for the BBQ.  I went to coles because it was $2 cheaper than bunnings and I could get flybuys pts and also get a voucher book that they were offering on any spend over $10.  So I did and got this book - 
 Bit of a rip off LOL.  98% of the items in there are all a % off or a small $1 - $2 off cleaning products (which I have never and will never buy).  There are two free coffee's and also 4 special discounts on alcohol.  It also expires on 17th Jan so I better get my skates on.  It was free and I will use one of the coffee vouchers!

Was 'going' to get petrol as I can swipe my Flybuys card there but the petrol was 149.42 BEFORE my 8c a litre off and at woolies it was only 130.6 BEFORE the 8c off there.  Also I still have 240kms to go until empty.  So I pressed the 'count' to see how much longer I will last.  Probably a while as it's school holidays and we aren't gong anywhere too far away.


Then I headed around the corner to an Op Shop that I have been wanting to visit for over a week but the children said no LOL so today I went!


A funny book, a small note book as I will be needing a smaller note book with me at all times now and a cute title piggy bank for a friends nephew!  I paid $3.50 for this out of my pocket money!


Then on my way to Westfield Shopping Ctr I saw ...    
 
So how could I not pull over.  I only bought the banana's and of course immediately taste tested one - YUM! 

Then made it to Marion and indulged in a Choc Yoghurt Smoothie (from my pocket money tee hee) - was sort of lunch as I had nothing else.  I go here cause they have a loyality card I'm a sucker for those.  Although it took me a whole year to get a free one last time as I don't have them often!   Buy 10 get 1 FREE!

Then armed with 'the list' I go through it.  Make a call to spread the presents out to the Grandparents.  It helps them to be able to buy something that she likes and takes the stress away.
I head to Game Traders to swap two games for the more expensive.  I get a $20 discount for the 'trade' and they price match the other game to another store's price.  Awesome!


Ear Piercing - Nana's Present - savings for me!
Bauky Balls - Grandma's Present! http://www.getbuckyballs.com/ - WARNING - there are VERY addictive!!!  I offer to pay and get reinburst later as I am at the store - so I get the points on my credit card and repaid - yay!

The books listed well - Xmas is coming .... eventually... before then there is something called a library!!!

The rest of the presents are going to be ebay jobs - will share later in another post....


More shopping and I go to the Chemist to get Children's Panadol with my 25% off coupon.  Wish I took some more time to look around as they had soap on special and tissues. I checked out another store - same product - $16.49 and I paid $12.  Good Savings!


Need Bread and Milk so to make sure I get some value I make sure I spend $30 so I can swipe my flybuys card.  I spend $30.09 carefully calculated (tee hee) only on products that I had on my list which I won't need to buy on my bit shop next week.  Had a coles gift card with credit still on it so no current cost from Grocery Budget.  I also get another Petrol Voucher but I rarely go to coles so they collect in the car.


Leaving and I see Lenards Chicken has a great special.  Again they also have a loyality card.  We don't shop there often but they have nice products that I don't have the patience to make.  You need to spend $18 to get a stamp so I get $22 worth.  Of course pay for it on the Credit Card to get the pts and start the Grocery Budget count.   So basically spend lots of money and they give you $6 in FREE products!  You will also notice they aren't neat with their stamps!

The last shopping I did today was at Big W.  I used the WISH voucher that I had arrive earlier in the week and got 1 Lego Book for DS8 to put away for his birthday in May (I'm always ahead of the game).  I also get the children some underwear and for my efforts have spent over $30 so I get a petrol voucher and earn pts on my Everyday Rewards Card.


So you see it's been a day of Swish & Swipe and Rewards some now, some later but that's how my brain works.  I figure it's all worth it one day however my hubby said it's not worth the effort / rewards - but this is MY blog - tee hee!!!


Oh and then I got home and did this...
I really needed it!!!!


Thanks for taking today's Wacky Adventure with me as you can see it's an Adventure alright but I got some great savings and had FUN!!!!

SAVINGS - 
BBQ Gas -          $  2.00 ( & flybuys)
Banana's -           $  2.00
Games -              $25.00
Nana's Gift -        $15.00
GMa's Gift -         $30.00
Panadol -             $  4.49
TOTAL -              $78.49 & some groovy Flybuy & Credit Card Points - tee hee!

1 comment:

  1. You make shopping sound like fun.
    I like shopping but I don't do it very often. Sounds like you did very well with your stuff though.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete