About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Siren's Sunday - Day 32

Wow firstly I can't believe I have been writing this blog for a whole month.  I also went to write the 1st instead of day 32 LOL.

Last night there was a bit of excitement in our street at 4am two houses down across the road from us their kitchen was on fire!  I got woken up to people talking outside and thought it was just the general people walking up and down our street at night as they do and then when I opened my eye's I could see flashing lights all over the place.  The first thing I saw was an Ambo parked near right in front of our driveway and then I was waiting for the knock at the door.  I went outside and surprised to find that not many other neighbours were out there but found 2 Fire Enginges, 1 Ambo and 3 police cars blocking the street!  They say it was electrical fault and contained to the kitchen. Phew they got everyone out and noone had any serious smoke damage they got woken up by their smoke alarm so I'm glad everyone is safe.  So that was some excitment for our little street.  I'm sure they got there just around 4am but they didn't clear out of the street until nearly 5am so being awake at that hour of the morning really takes it out of you.  It took a while to get back to sleep too!  I realise not the best pic but it was my phone!

Today I shipped off my hubby to Canberra for a week for a confrence for his phone work he has been doing.  He's not a guest speaker this time which he said is just fine with him as he is more of a one on one person which I'm very proud of.  I saw his video last year and he did an amazing job.  He's very passionate about his job and I think will go very far!  Flight was at 1.40pm so we got to the airport at 12.35pm to allow for check in etc.  He is flying with his two other work collegues and they are sitting at the emergency row so extra leg room for them they will be happy!  However they have to do a lay over in Melbourne for 45 mins as there was no direct flights.  They are flying with Qantas so I'm sure will be well looked after.  Not long after arriving at the airport today and checking in they got to board which was good.  

We all got coffee's to wait for a short while I had a two for one voucher for 'Hudson's' Coffee - and the only place I know of is at the airport LOL.  It was covered by the business expenses too so that was nice.  I also did a check in using the HJ's app I have on my phone and got a voucher for 50% off any order under $30 I always seem to get these at the wrong time LOL.  DS9 was complaining that he was hungry (as you do when you can 'see HJ's' so I used the app to get him a meal so $3.85 wasn't bad.

As hubby was boarding the plane I noticed that we were coming up close to our hour of carparking and I didn't want to pay for more time than we needed so DS9 and I rushed to the carpark and phew we made it only had to pay $6 for a hour park instead of $12 for 2 hours.

Came straight home as DS9 was saying he was tired from all that rushing LOL even though I offered to buy him an icecream 30c at IKEA he said his legs were too tired to do any more. LOL so cute x

At 4.30pm I did my usual dash over to westfield for the fruit and veg shop and got some bargins a bag of grapes for $2.50 and half a rockmelon for $1.50. Bolted up to coles too as I needed bread for school on Tuesday as tomorrow is a public holiday all the shops will be shut!  I managed to get a creamy pasta salad marked down by 80c so happy with that.

We just had sandwhichs for tea - we are boring people.  There's nothing on tv and I've already watched the latest tv eps that hubby downloaded so I might read my book for a while!

Hope you had a great Sunday - I'm thinking I might be in bed a bit earlier tonight feeling a bit ZZZzzz ... XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment