About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Happy Australia Day (Saturday) ~ Day 31

Hoorah! Australia Day is here and I think it's confused a lot of us because it's fallen on a Saturday and yet it isn't a public holiday here so the shops are still open (not that I went anywhere) but we get to holiday on Monday instead! Yay 3 day weekend!!


We spent the morning being lazy - well I did at least.  Hubby was madly working on his work project as he's about to fly to Canberra for a week to present at a confrence and needed a working model to present.  He got as much done as he could and so we were able to go to my mum & step dads place for a BBQ!  Yum, always too much food down there to eat we are well and truely stuffed.  We all had a small breakfast today and so nearly starved ourselves so we had lots of room to eat LOL. 

On the way down I dropped off another bag to savers and got another stamp tee hee ... I'm running out of things to take down there it's becoming a crisis! Tee Hee!  Now I have three savings saved up a 15% & 20% on one and 15% on another.  No doubt with my daughter becoming the book worm that she is that will get used up on books soon enough.

Yesterday I prebought some beer for hubby to take down today and did a click and send order online so I simply go and pick it up at the counter instead of going all through the shop.  Also as I did it through an online partner I get points towards one of the groups I am with.  Not many but something for nothing.  I got it home early enough too so i could chill some before hubby got home.  He was happy with the surprise!

Booked my flight to go to Sydney in March and had to laugh at all the hidden little fee's and charges that they have.  I prebought luggage as I figured I might need it and when I went to pay they wanted to charge more to use a credit card so I did an online transfer of funds.  Gee Wizz they will get you any way they can won't they!  I haven't booked to come back as I'm hoping that hubby will have some points to give me after his flight to Canberra and so then I can use those with what I do have to fly back for 'nearly free' see how I go!  Taking hubby to the airport tomorrow that's going to be a nice little $ in parking isn't it. Oh well, it's what you do.

Managed to do a little bit of reading today and going to do some more now.  I am determined to read at least 1 book a month this year so that's 12 books I would like to get through! Challenge set! I was thinking I could read a chapter a day but that seemed like 'less' as a reading challenge and plus who wants to put a book down when your really into it!!

Oh forgot the main bit - LOL - came home from mum's with only 'one' child DD12 decided to stay down there until Monday - Great for me - it's going to be super quiet in this house then LOL.  I'm glad she does get a little break from my son at times, she is her own person and although a big sister sometimes having a sibling with a disability means that you can be like an only child with the way you are expected to grow up quickly in some areas and be supportive.  Also there is less attention.  As DS9 goes back to school on Tuesday DD12 and I will have some of the day to spend together which will include school shoe shopping (god help me LOL).

That's it from me, hope you all had a great day - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment