About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm Kelly, 35 years old wise! Stay at Home Mum living in Adelaide. Married to wonderful DH of 13 years, mum of two monkey's DD12 & DS9 (Special Needs = High Functioning Mild Autism). I'm currently following Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) to loose this weight once and for all and to be fit, healthy and happy! I love ZUMBA and a cheeky sense of humour!!! Follow my adventures!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Friday Free Fun ~ Day 30

Well this blog is a few mins past midnight .. woops... been a busy girl today / tonight.

Spent half of the day ripping apart (while trying to keep tidy) my office and part of my other rooms looking for the library cards for hubby and DS9.  Found mine somehow and DD12 has her possession of hers for a long time.  In the end I give up and figure I'll try and plead for another one, claiming insanity that I've lost it as they usually charge $5 for a replacement card.  When I get there I ask 'if there any way there is a spot that you keep 'saved' cards as I have literally torn the house apart and there is NO logic of where they are.  He pulls up hubby's file and my son's and goes yes they are here.  

Now I'm relieved let me tell you but also annoyed because WHY not call and say your library cards are here especially as now with the automatic borrowing system anyone can borrow things on your card.  I just 'assumed' there were misplaced at home and not 'missing' as such so I wouldn't have any useful stance if someone did use our cards to borrow out half the library!  Oh well.  The other good thing about today is that January is 'fee / can amenisty' where you take canned goods and they will cancel out your fee's on your library cards. 

I must admit I didn't have many cans at home so I did purchase a couple of extra with my last shopping trip and take these along to the library today.  I am embarrased that we had fines and was planning on paying them all back but things just got out of hand with homeschooling and other things last year that I just never went there.  Also my daughters school has an amazing library so she has been borrowing from there now.

Looking through the library I could have easily gotten carried away borrowing books and dvd's so I grabbed 3 dvd's as they will be watched and returned and only borrowed 1 book which is the next in the series of what I am watching because I have decided that 2013 is the year of the book for me and I am going to do more reading but LOGIC reading (if there is such a thing) I'm not going to borrow more than I can handle.  We are going to book in, just like an appointment (just like they say you do with exercise or a Zumba class - hint hint) to go to the library every week now after school for a good hour or so.  DD12 said she could spend all day at the library ... Hmmm also she dissapeared into the teenage section today Hmmm I think LOL.  While visitinig there we found a volunteer flyer for teenagers who would like to help in the library with restocking and other things.  I use to do that at the school library when I was in high school and loved it and it's something that DD12 said she would be interested in so I will follow it up.

Over to westfield as I promised a little treat as it's ending the school holidays here.  There was Callum from Masterchef doing a little cooking demo - although we missed it he was still making food and handing out for free so we grabbed two cold prawn rolls they were yummy!  I grabbed a recepie card too and it said that each one was only about 75 calories each so I thought Hmmm I'm going to make those.  They seemed really filling too!  

As I'm stuffing my face full of food I get called over to a 'display' by Energy Australia.  Now I am friendly to the people who work at these stands because myself have been there many times talking to people for the direct selling company that I have worked with.  To cut a long story short. Energy Australia use to be TRU Energy which USE to be TXU which is some new company from who knows where but they had lower costs than Etsa and also a % discount if you pay your bill before the set date etc... so I tell they guy yeah we are already with you lalala and he said great as a loyal customer I'll put you onto our bonus discount scheme you will receive $100 off your next electricity and $100 off your next gas bill. Also move up to 4% discount for pre payment.  I don't know he talked a lot I just said ok sure.  Now what he failed to tell me is that basically I was signing a new contract binding for 3 years - now thats fine because I'm not going anywhere but he did fail to mention a few little key things like that = he just said you will get an email to confirm your discounts.... Hmmm thinking I might need a phone call to the company although I don't know if I can be bothered trying to talk to someone overseas's... LOL

Tonight had to pay for some 'child (slave) labour' ... building up my Zumba business I do letterbox drops and so I printed up some new flyers for the new classes which I am starting and attached all those to the pre printed postcards I had made up late last year ready for this.  As there was two of us it took half the time and we did the small area within the hour.  That was great.  I offered her $10 and the minute we were back inside the house she stuck her hand out for the cash... LOL clever girl....

Had to duck over to Woolworths tonight to get some milk - sigh always milk ... however this milk did cost me $44 - I wonder if I have shares in woolworths milk yet LOL.  They had a few things on special and you know it's a public holiday on Monday so you need to stock up incase the world ends LOL.  My dad use to tell me that my mum would go into 'prepare mode' as the shops 'back in the day' were never open on a Sunday so if it was a public holiday Monday then she would buy 3 loafes of bread and about 6 lites of milk.  We should have just bought a cow he said. LOL.  But the freezer was always full and there was always plenty for all. 

So free food, free money, free library books (well if you follow all the rules and have no more fines)!!!

A good day today , wow I wrote a lot!  Hope you enjoyed and hope you had a great day XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment